Vertigo Gaming's Cook, Serve, Delicious! series consists of three co-op games and a single-player spin-off (Cook Serve Forever) that nobody likes. A console release of the original game was just announced today, but what about players who want something more modern? Well, those guys can look forward to Cook, Serve, Delicious: Re-Mustard!, an enhanced remake of the first game that will add all kinds of new content. The remake is coming to consoles and PC sometime next year.
Cook, Serve, Delicious: Re-Mustard! will feature:
- An all-new campaign that includes brand new emails and story elements to tie it into the events of Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! and Cook, Serve, Delicious! 3?!
- A new Typing Mode tests your typing skills as you flex your IPMs—Ingredients Per Minute—typing out each ingredient in this frantic new way to play CSD!
- Re-balanced difficulties ranging from Chill to Extreme!
- All new art and expanded music by the original composer, Jonathan Geer
- All 30 classic foods are back with new recipes and ingredients, plus ten brand-new foods
- Classic local co-op Chef/Expediter mode and a new split-screen mode
- New campaign side quests and surprises!
- Brand new 60fps code base
That's a fine assortment of features - especially the split-screen co-op! We have to wonder whether or not the typing mode will appear in the console versions. Typing games are extremely rare on consoles, but this one certainly sounds like fun.
Cook, Serve, Delicious: Re-Mustard! will be released for consoles and Steam sometime in 2024.