The original Asterix & Obelix: Slap Them All! is a solid beat 'em up featuring an appealing art style that closely matches that of the European Asterix comics. Given the positive fan reaction, it's no surprise that Microids and developer Mr. Nutz Studio quickly set out to work on a sequel. Asterix & Obelix: Slap Them All! 2 is now set to arrive on consoles and PC on November 13, a date that falls in line with the release target promised back in June.
To celebrate Slap Them All! 2's impending release, Microids has issued a brand new trailer. It showcases lots of brawling footage set in the sequel's all-new environments. As for the game itself, we've learned that it will focus on Asterix and Obelix's quest to recover the Aquila of Lutetia (one of the series' many treasures/Macguffins) and save the man who was unjustly imprisoned for its theft. New combat mechanics like Fury Mode (which doubles the heroes' damage when activated), breakable objects, and throwable items will make for a more satisfying brawler than before.
- Beautiful, brand new levels, from Lutèce to... the end of the world!
- A action-packed storyline, full of twists and turns.
- A new Fury mode that can be activated in combat...
- ... and a unique Ultimate attack for each character.
- New enemies and bosses to deal out the slaps to!
- The ability to destroy certain elements of the environment.
- Locations and characters faithful to the comics.
- Play with 2 players in local Co-op mode.
- An original story with animated scenes.
Asterix & Obelix: Slap Them All! 2 will launch digitally on Monday, November 13 on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, and Steam. Physical editions will arrive on November 30.