Welcome to Kyrat, the setting for Far Cry 4. Set in the Himalayan mountains, players will experience a wide variety landscapes to see and activities to complete. But what can they experience with a friend? Here's our FAQ.
- How many players can play Far Cry 4 locally (couch co-op)?
- How many players can play Far Cry 4 via system link or LAN?
- How many players can play Far Cry 4 online?
- How do you begin a co-op session in Far Cry 4?
- How does save game progress work for co-op play in Far Cry 4?
- Can I join a game if the host is further along than me in Far Cry 4?
- What does the Far Cry 4 season pass get you?
- How does the Keys to Kyrat work on PlayStation 4 in Far Cry 4?
- What activities are available in Far Cry 4 for co-op players?
- Can I play the campaign in Far Cry 4 during co-op play?
How many players can play Far Cry 4 locally (couch co-op)?
Far Cry 4 doesn't support couch co-op play.
How many players can play Far Cry 4 via system link or LAN?
LAN play isn't supported. You'll need to be connected online and to UPlay (even on console) to connect.
How many players can play Far Cry 4 online?
Two players can play Far Cry 4 online. The second player controls a character named Hurk.
How do you begin a co-op session in Far Cry 4?
Co-Op begins about 90 minutes into the story, once you complete Act 1 and open up the world. From there you can look for co-op markers on the map (marked with an H). Alternatively you can pull up the in game menu at anytime and select co-op, choose to invite a friend, open your game to anyone or try match making to join someone else.
How does save game progress work for co-op play in Far Cry 4?
All progress is saved to the host player, though since you can't actually play the campaign and certain side missions, you will only be retaining complete outposts, assassination and tower unlocks. The second player takes back with them any experience, guns, skills, ammo, and cash they earn along the way.
Can I join a game if the host is further along than me in Far Cry 4?
Yes, progression does not matter.
What does the Far Cry 4 season pass get you?
There are five packs of content in Far Cry 4's season pass. Two of which actually offer co-op content.
- The Syringe The day-one Season Pass exclusive mission will have you preventing Pagan Min from retrieving a rare recipe and using it against the rebellion. Take on The Syringe in either single-player or co-op. (Contains Co-Op)
- Escape from Durgesh Prison Team up with a friend to escape Yuma’s prison after being locked up and tortured. Fun stuff.
- Hurk Deluxe Pack More harpooning. More explosions. More Hurk. More awesome. Get access to five missions starring Hurk, including Yak Farm, Blood Ruby and Hurk’s Redemption. We just love this crazy country boy so much.
- Overrun Play as either the Rakshasa or the Golden Path in this new PvP multiplayer mode. Capture territory around Kyrat and stop that territory from being taken by your enemies.
- Valley of the Yetis - A crash landing on a Himalayan ridge finds Ajay fighting for his life in a strange new frozen landscape. Scavenge for tools and upgrade your campsite, while fending off deadly nighttime attacks from a mysterious cult. Explore caves in the area, but watch out for what lurks within. Valley of the Yetis has both single-player and co-op options, so it might be wise to bring a friend along to watch your back.(Contains Co-Op)
How does the Keys to Kyrat work on PlayStation 4 in Far Cry 4?
A code is included with the game that you need to redeem on the PlayStation store. Once you do that, launch Far Cry 4 and select Keys to Kyrat from the main menu. From there you can choose friends to receive the keys. They'll receive a message that instructs them to download the Far Cry 4 demo. Once they actually play a clock will let them know how much time they have left on the two hour limit to play co-op with a friend.
What activities are available in Far Cry 4 for co-op players?
While you won't be able to play the main story or some of the side missions, including some of the hostage rescues, you can take on numerous activities with friends in Far Cry 4. This includes simply exploring the open world of Kyrat.
- Outposts - Players can take over twenty four outposts with a friends, claiming them for their main game.
- Assassinations - There are special stealth missions to assassinate targets, these can be played in co-op.
- Radio Towers - Radio towers can be captured by co-op players, which works well because some of these turn into a wave based survival style mission.
Can I play the campaign in Far Cry 4 during co-op play?
No, you can not play the single player story missions during co-op play in Far Cry 4.