No sooner did we publish our co-op review of Super Bomberman R than Konami published an update to every version of the game that adds a host of unlockable characters for co-op and battle modes. The biggest name characters are Snake and Raiden from Metal Gear Solid, but as co-op fans we’re most excited for playable characters from Konami’s traditionally cooperative Contra and Goemon franchises.
The new characters added in this week’s update for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Switch, and Steam:
- Bill Bomber (Contra)
- Lance Bomber (Contra)
- Ebisumaru Bomber (Goemon/Legend of the Mystical Ninja)
- Solid Snake Bomber (Metal Gear Solid)
- Naked Snake Bomber (Metal Gear Solid)
- Raiden Bomber (Metal Gear Solid)
- Vic Viper ZERO Bomber (Zone of the Enders)
- Ayako Katagiri Bomber (Tokimeki Memorial)
- Xavier Woods Bomber (WWE, added to Switch version after other platforms)
- Max (Bomberman Max and Jetters, Nintendo Switch exclusive)
All characters must be unlocked with gold earned from story or battle modes and can be played in any mode – including local co-op in story or battle modes.
You can read the full list of tweaks and changes from this update on the Konami blog.
Super Bomberman R is available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Switch, and Steam. This update certainly improves the already great character lineup, but we still hope to see improvements made to the game’s online battle modes.