Neon Giant's The Ascent made waves when it launched on Xbox Game Pass last year. It was mostly notable for its detailed cyberpunk world and 4-player online co-op, though the launch version was awfully buggy as well. Now, PlayStation gamers have a chance to jack in and maybe deal with some bugs because The Ascent has just launched on PlayStation 4 and 5.
The Ascent features:
- A free-roam play style in a cyberpunk inspired dystopian world
- Classic RPG mechanics to enable players to build up their character including cyberware, augmentations and looting
- An unprecedented sense of verticality within its world, with different levels and platforms discernible within play
- Double-aim mechanic enables players to utilise the full screen and choose between multiple targets anywhere in the environment
- A narrative-led adventure playable in single and up to four-player co-op modes
The PlayStation version of the game features all previously released updates, including New Game Plus mode. It should be an engaging experience, provided sufficient quality assurance has been completed before release. Check out our co-op review to see our thoughts on the original Xbox version.