Alien Hominid started its life as a Flash game back in 2002. The game was ported to numerous consoles over the years, most notably to Xbox 360 as Alien Hominid HD in 2007. Now, nearly one million years later, modern players have a chance to enjoy the run-and-gun action with a fresh round of mildly enhanced ports. Alien Hominid HD has arrived on Xbox One and Xbox Series consoles, Switch, and Steam.
As I recall, Alien Hominid HD is a run-and-gun shooter that draws a fair amount of influence from the Metal Slug series. Dan Paladin's cartoon-like artwork is gorgeous and colorful, and the game is filled with humor and violence. The difficulty was fairly steep back in 2007, though, and it doesn't sound like the new version is any easier. Are you prepared for a co-op shooting challenge?
Alien Hominid HD features:
- Whether you’re playing solo or 2-player local co-op, Alien Hominid HD is back with the three classic difficulty options:
- Easy - 7 lives and continues, with two shields from weapon pickups
- Normal - 5 lives and continues, with one shield from weapon pickups
- INSANE - 3 lives and continues, one hit kills
- All of the original mini games are here for any aliens wanting a quick break, including:
- 201 levels of PDA Games
- Super Soviet Missile Mastar
- All You Can Eat
- Neutron Ball
- Pinata Fiesta
- Challenge Mode