It might be here the day after Halloween, but we can certainly get some vampire love in our busy schedules. Xbox 360 gamers, be aware that XBLA title, Blood Knights, will be available by the end of this week, following with PS3 and PC a couple later!
Releasing on November 1st for Xbox 360 and November 13th for PS3 and PC, gamers will be able to double up with a second player for this unique hack-n’-slash of vampiric proportions. Play as vampiress, Alysa, or warrior, Jeremy, in their epic, co-operative quest for salvation. It may look a lot like a Diablo III or more like Hunted: The Demon’s Forge in a lot of ways, and not just because of their Gothic environments. The top-down view, with various cool-down attacks and abilities, do generate similarities, but a great 3D, co-operative combat system helps to deviate from them. Take your sword or guns into the fray and light the demons up with a friend! There are lots of different co-op puzzle mechanics too, mixing things up a bit here and there. Some of its main features include:
Features of Blood Knights
- Utilize close and ranged weapons to slay monstrous foes and enhance your abilities with XP gained through fast and furious combat
- Quickly swap between two playable characters with differing skillsets
- Suck the blood of your enemies in order to power up and unleash devastating vampire powers
- Ride solo, or take on the horde with a friend in thrilling Co-op
- Interact with the environment using your attract and repel skills
- Multiple choice dialogues will affect and alter the world around you
- Classic Vampire story narrated with atmospheric cut-scenes
- Equip yourself with 160 available weapons and 40 different armor elements
After taking the publishing reins of the game earlier this month, Kalypso Media Digital seems to have made a solid arcade title that we can dig out teeth into (pun very much intended). But why not take a quick glance at it yourself:
Blood Knights will be going for $15 on XBLA, PSN, and PC.