Microsoft and Sony console Call of Duty: Ghosts players got a sizable patch this week to fix certain multiplayer and co-op issues, as well as some tweaks to weapons and in game aesthetics.
In terms of co-op, the player's class is now displayed above the players heads and those Kastet rounds will explode at any distance. A few bug fixes hit Extinction as well, coupled with some balancing and performance issues. Take a look at the full patch notes below:
- Spawn system has an improved ability to select better spawns when valid spawn locations are limited.
- One shot to the body and one shot to the head is no longer a kill for ARs, SMGs and LMGs. Increases time to kill in this scenario
- Overall anti-cheat improvements.
- Replaced Hunted victor operations and requirements to work with Gun Game.
- Fixed 60 second match timer that could occur after playing a clan public playlist match then starting a Private Match with CODeSports disabled.
- Player class is now displayed in game above players’ heads along with their gamertag.
- Kastet rounds now explode at any distance.
- Fixed an issue where players that exceeded 10 minutes in Chaos mode would get lulls
- Fixed drill not respawning at last place picked up after falling off the map while carrying it.
- Fixed Gargoyle getting stuck in the air.
- Fixed issue that allowed the player to use an IMS with a propane tank to teleport outside of the map.
- Challenge adjustments and fixes.
- Balancing updates.
- Various bug fixes to improve stability and performance.
- Kills are now correctly displayed on the Player Stats comparison screens
This same patch was released for PC on June 27, and earlier this week the third of four DLC packs, Invasion, became available for PS3, PS4, and PC players.