We’ve been discussing the Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition “Skin Pack” DLC for a little while now, but up until now we’ve only been able to show off a handful of the skins now available to players. Without further adieu, we’d like to reveal the remaining skins your Steve model will be able to wear in-game. Enjoy!
Previously, players were only able to choose any of the original 8 co-op skins to wear around their Minecraft worlds, but that's ancient history now. Today, we have the rest of them to choose from now that the “Skin Pack 1” DLC has hit the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Take a quick glance and see what you’d like to wear around your fellow co-op gamers:
"Skin Pack 1" DLC:
5. Jack of Blades, Fable Heroes
6. Hero, Fable Heroes
7. Garth, Fable Heroes
8. Reaver, Fable Heroes
9. Hammer, Fable Heroes
10. Locust Drone, Gears of War
11. Clayton Carmine, Gears of War
12. Cole, The Cole Train, Gears of War
13. Master Chief, Halo
14. Covenant Grunt, Halo
15. Covenant Brute, Halo
16. Banjo, Banjo-Kazooie
17. Grunty, Banjo-Kazooie
18. Bottles the Mole, Banjo-Kazooie
19. Tooty, Banjo-Kazooie
20. Mumbo Jumbo, Banjo-Kazooie
21. Klungo, Banjo-Kazooie
22. Trials man, Trials HD
23. Freestyle, Trials Evolution
24. Old-School, Trials Evolution
25. Biker, Trials Evolution
26. Combat, Trials Evolution
27. ‘Splosion Man, ‘Splosion Man
28. Scientist Wilson, ‘Splosion Man
29. Scientist Danklef, ‘Splosion Man
30. Ms. ‘Splosion Man, Ms. ‘Splosion Man
31. Mandy Elite, Ms. ‘Splosion Man
32. Racing Driver 1
33. Racing Driver 2
34. Racing Driver 3
35. Racing Driver 4
38. Victorian Swimmer
39. Deep Sea Diver
43. Knight Templar
44. Black Knight
Be sure to look into downloading the “Skin Pack 1” DLC, now available today for only 160 Microsoft Points (40 skins for 160 points? Not a bad deal!). Check out the bottom of this article to see a whole bunch of them right away.
Also, if you haven’t already been playing for the past few days, the latest Minecraft update just went into effect. Players now have the ability to work with plant life using the new shear s tool and work with energy mechanics with redstone and pistons. Here’s a full update listing for anyone curious to see what else has changed.
- Added Pistons & Sticky Pistons.
- Added Stackable fences.
- Added Shears – required to get wool from sheep, and to collect leaf blocks.
- TNT needs Flint and Steel or Redstone to detonate.
- Redstone wire will now connect to a repeater.
- New textures for Cobblestone and Brick.
- Added Character Skin Selector to allow players to choose their skin from the default skins, or from Downloadable Content skin packs.
- Added lighting improvements (brought forward from 1.8.2 update) and snow & rain improvements.
- Added a save file cache to improve the speed of displaying the saves list.
- Added ban list functionality to allow players to self-ban from levels they feel contain offensive content.
- Added a ban list section to the How To Play menus.
- Added an option for the host to limit online games to only players in their friends list (no friends of friends).
- Added a seed display to the level load screen (requires existing levels to be saved out again to add the display).
- Changed the tooltip display setting to in-game tooltip display, so that tooltips always display in menus.
- Added the crosshair to the list of things affected by the opacity slider.
- On using the quickselect bar, the opacity of the quickselect, tooltips, splitscreen gamertag display, and crosshair will be set to 80,
and will fade back down to the user opacity setting after 6 seconds of no quickselect bar use.
- Added some more Tips & Trivia to the loading/saving screen display.
Tutorial World changes & additions:
- Added optional tutorial for Pistons and Redstone.
- Added a self-building bridge to the castle using Pistons.
- Added some sugar cane, cactii and clay to the world.
- Added a few other things for players to discover.
- Fix for only the host being shown the pop-up when any player attempts to place lava near the spawn point.
- Fixed tooltip for Flint and Steel.
- Fix for Note blocks not showing notes.
- Fix for Leaderboard reads taking too long.
- Fix to block players re-entering a level they have been kicked from, until the level is restarted.
- Fix to stop players being able to join a game when they are not a friend of any player in the game.
- Fix for Netherracks re-appearing after being mined.
- Fix for a rare crash on entering the Nether.
- Fix for attacking enemies at a different level not damaging them.
- Fixed a problem causing some save games not to load.
- Removed Herobrine.