The Nintendo Switch might be less powerful than current-gen Xbox and PlayStation consoles (not to mention the previous generation), but that hasn’t stopped intrepid developers from porting the occasional large-scale game to Nintendo’s portable console. UK-based Rebellion Software has already released impressive versions of Strange Brigade and the Sniper Elite series on Switch, and now they’ve got another shooter in the works. Zombie Army 4: Dead War will arrive on Switch this April, complete with 4-player online co-op and the Season Pass One DLC bundled for free.
In Zombie Army 4, humankind is still recovering from the zombie Armageddon launched by the villains of the previous trilogy. Zombie Hitler has been sent to hell, but his acolytes continue to raise the undead and unleash havoc on the world of the living.
Zombie Army 4: Dead War features:
- A harrowing story campaign teeming with ghastly terrors and demonic monstrosities. Hunt the dead on your own, or fight alongside your friends in drop-in, drop-out co-op for up to four players.
- Huge maps across Southern Europe and beyond. Creep across corpse-riddled Venetian canals. Negotiate a grotesque zombie zoo where all hell has broken loose. Survive a towering volcano overflowing with molten despair.
- Deep progression and customization. Rank up through 100 levels and unlock dozens of powerful skills, special attacks, weapon upgrades and more. Supercharge your arsenal with incredible elemental damage. Stun hordes into shock with electrified bullets. Harness the might of divine devastation.
- Gorge on Rebellion’s trademark X-ray Kill Cam - now enhanced for the undead and including gruesome trap, melee and explosive kills.
- Bigger, Deadlier Horde Mode. The longer you survive, the bigger the map gets. How long can you fight back before joining the horde of the living dead? Nintendo Switch version includes every post-release Horde map on the game card.
The Switch version of Zombie Army 4 comes from Rebellion North, the same team that ported Strange Brigade and Sniper Elite 4. In addition to bundling all existing Horde maps on the game card, the Switch version will also include the “Season Pass One” DLC – a $34.99 value. The pass adds three campaign levels with co-op support, 4 characters, 9 weapons, five weapon skins, and four character outfit bundles. We played through the Season Pass Three DLC levels a few months back and quite enjoyed them, so getting the first part of the post-game campaign for free on Switch will be pretty sweet.
Zombie Army 4 supports 4-player online co-op in both campaign and horde modes. It will sell for $49.99 when it arrives on Switch on April 26. The existing Xbox, PlayStation, Steam, Epic
In other Rebellion news, Sniper Elite 5 is due out on Xbox, PlayStation, and PC sometime this year!